just a blog of my online and live poker experiences. What a fun ride.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

No more smooth sailing.

Ever since my first two adventures with the mini step tourneys, it has been harder than shit to advance consistently in those things. I played 6 of them last night, I started off in 2nd step and made it up to the 3rd, only to get knocked back down to 2nd.

I played the first 2nd step and got top two right off the bat. Started the 3rd step and took a river beat about 6 hands into it to lose a little portion of my stack. $10/15 level, I had J4 in the bb and it there were 6 callers no raisers. I check the flop is 44T I got trips, WOO HOO. I check and the next guy throws out $50 into a $105 pot. Call, call, call, fold, fold; alright $305, I decide to take it down right there and I bump it $250, but low and behold I get a caller. So I’ve got $685 left the pot has $805 in it. The turn is a 7, I bet $175, call. $510 left, he must have a ten. River, F’ING 10, I check he bets $100 I call, he turns over KT and I’m sitting ugly with ten people still in it. I wound up doubling up and making it down to 4th and getting a re-entry, thanks to some foolish plays by other that had gotten short stacked.

So I played the second the 3rd step and wound up getting knocked down to the 2nd step again. I can’t recall the hands from all of those I know there were several times that the chip leader would fold to an all in raise, where he would have only had to have called $150 or so more, when the blinds were around $150/300. It’s like giving money away, that pisses me off to know extent. I just screws everyone else over, oh well. I plan on playing more steps tonight and hopefully getting up to the 5th pretty soon. I’ll have to start off in the 2nd again tonight.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home