just a blog of my online and live poker experiences. What a fun ride.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Back into the swing

Well, I finally feel like I'm starting to right the ship back into position. The past week I've made some decent runs but then tilted off about 1/2 of my bankroll in a .01/.02 PLO game. Yes one cent two cent. That's what happens when you get steamed over a guy catching perfect rivers to stack you twice.
Last night I finally won one. I was down to $12 and started a $4 180, and two $1 sng's. I busted in the $4 and won a $1 two table for $10. So I jumped into another $4 180 and ran the gaunlet on it.
That was probably the toughest final table I've ever played. I kind of went on a roller coaster ride, especially when it got to 3 way action. The chip leader had a little over $200K, the two of us each had about $20K. I seemed to be the target of the chip leader, as he wasn't putting any pressure on the other guy. I'd say he had seen some of my results and compared to the other guy he didn't want to play me heads up. I got lucky and won a race with my AQ vs his 88 after I had built up my stack to about $40K. Then got lucky again and limped into his bb from the sb with KJ and flopped 9TQ. little action on flop and turn. then river brought another T and we got it all in. He had trip tens. so that put me at about $160K and now he was playing the shorter stack. I put some pressure on them right out of the gate and got him chipped down to about $30K when I made a raise with JcTc and ended up calling his push of TT. I got lucky there and hit a flush to knock him out. Down to two of us and the other guy wasn't much to write home about. He ended up getting a $18K stack in the middle ahead, but I caught another flush and took it down. Even if I don't catch the flush there, he really didn't have a chance.
After we had played down to 8 players I noticed that a ranked pro, mkind, was at the table. He's posted over $500K in winnings on stars. I also noticed after it got down to 4 or 5 of us that the guy that I battled forever in 3 way action had posted over $100K in winnings on stars. Don't really know why the heavy hitters were in that $4.40 tourney but it made for some poker.
Now I'm back up to about $220 online. Hopefully I'm going to practice some good br mgmt skills and run this back up to a respectable amount now.


Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home