just a blog of my online and live poker experiences. What a fun ride.

Monday, June 26, 2006

a fork in the road... TAKE IT!

Well, maybe this is going to be the changing point of my lack of the "Big Score" with poker. I had a long discussion with my wife about playing this weekend. She, understandingly, doesn't like the amount of time that I spend playing poker. So we have come up with a schedule that I will play. I'm going to start playing on Monday nights after 9, Tuesday nights after 8, Thursday nights after 8 and Sundays during our league tournament. Then also the occasional big tournament when I win seats into them. I think this will be a very good thing for my play.

I have decided to start keeping better records of my play and results as well. I have also finally decided that I am going to set a big goal for myself. I am going to go to the WSOP next year. Whether it be a preliminary tournament or the Main Event (more likely a pre-lim) but I will play at least one of the events next year. I would also like to play in one of the Fiesta el Lago tournaments in Oct when we are planning on being in Vegas. Basically I've decided to start setting goals and sticking to them and taking the game a little more seriously in general. What point is there to playing (other than for fun) if I'm not going to do good, and I think all of this will improve my results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home